Recommended
Loading...

Info Post

Twelve Qualities of Spirit - Health by Peri Coeurtney Enkin

When we think of health only in terms of the physical body we think too small. And when we think small we find ourselves trying to deal with "symptoms" and "conditions" at the surface level and not achieving the results we want.

How do you define health for yourself?

Immediately when I think about health my thoughts turn toward my physical body. But as I explore health more deeply I know that for me, health includes wellness in all four dimensions of my experience not just the physical. I want health in the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of my life too.

Most of us have been taught to believe that the right vitamins, food, and exercise will give us perfect physical health. But it is clear we cannot feed ourselves a daily diet of negative thinking, and stew in negative emotions and expect our vitamins to override the internal mental and emotional states we create.

When we understand that we are the energy that animates our physical body we are more likely to unravel the root causes of our conditions.

When we focus on aligning with higher vibrations of mental peace and emotional acceptance we generally feel better. With attitudes of loving acceptance toward our bodies our ability to welcome and recognize real nourishment increases also.

Physical bodies get nourishment when we love ourselves and enjoy our lives. When we ingest food - and life - with joy - we feed our cells.

Achieving an ongoing connection to health is challenging in our world. Since we are all regularly bombarded with other peoples ideas about what is healthy and what it is not, we often find ourselves with confused energy and shifting states of health.

When we feel wobbly or uncertain we tend to forget this:

You are free to define what health means to you and for you.

Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY - no doctor, parent, spouse or friend - knows what is genuinely healthy or healing for you. You may want to gather information and suggestions from others and then make your own decisions for your own self. Often what appears to be unusual or out of the ordinary may be the most helpful for you.

Here is a good question to consider when you want to generate personal health: How comfortable are you turning away from mainstream thinking to embrace and honor your own unique path of healing?

The physical body is animated from within. When we manage our mental attitudes, care for our emotional happiness and remember who we really are, we strengthen our connection to health. Health is not confined to the physical body.

When I think of someone who exemplifies spiritual health the person who comes to mind for me is Christopher Reeve. Even though he was confined to a wheel chair he demonstrated such grace and offered such inspiration that I cannot help but see a healthy spirit when I bring him into my mind.

* Who demonstrates health for you?

* Where do you experience health in your own life?

* What feelings do you associate with health?

For me, acceptance of life as it is generates harmony inside of me. That harmony connects me with the spiritual quality of health. What works for you?

The Connection Option: Health

The Natural Energy of Health: Spirit is always healthy. There is no illness or sickness in spirit. In my mind I judge certain conditions wrong, or unhealthy and in seeing them that way I separate myself from the natural energy of health.

* As a Victim

I have a small and limited vision of what health is. When I see or experience anything outside of that vision I freak out! My fear generates more dis-ease and I find myself on a downward spiral.

* As a Creator

I take charge of my own healing. I treat myself with care and compassion. I feed myself with positive thoughts. I generate happy feelings. I know that life is a process and temporary states of imbalance will balance themselves if I accept and and allow.

* Action for Health

Today I see and know health in everything. I recognize the energy of health as the natural state of my own being. The energy of health is my very essence and I connect with the core of healthy energy that is alive within me. My thoughts are healthy thoughts. My body is a healthy body. My feelings are natural expressions of life as it moves into and through me. As my mind is infused with a consciousness of health so is my body and physical environment. I relax and connect with the energy of health today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment